An operating system (sometimes abbreviated as "OS") is the program that, after being initially loaded into the computer by a boot program, manages all the other programs in a computer. The other programs are called applications or application programs. The application programs make use of the operating system by making requests for services through a defined application program interface (API). In addition, users can interact directly with the operating system through a user interface such as a command language or a graphical user interface (GUI).
An operating system performs these services for applications:
- In a multitasking operating system where multiple programs can be running at the same time, the operating system determines which applications should run in what order and how much time should be allowed for each application before giving another application a turn.
- It manages the sharing of internal memory among multiple applications.
- It handles input and output to and from attached hardware devices, such as hard disks, printers, and dial-up ports.
- It sends messages to each application or interactive user (or to a system operator) about the status of operation and any errors that may have occurred.
- It can offload the management of what are called batch jobs (for example, printing) so that the initiating application is freed from this work.
- On computers that can provide parallel processing, an operating system can manage how to divide the program so that it runs on more than one processor at a time.
All major notebook, laptop, desktop, handheld, zenbook, ultrabook computer platforms (hardware and software) require and sometimes include an operating system. Linux, Windows, VMS, OS/400, AIX, and z/OS are all examples of operating systems.
We want you to know about the terms and conditions for our repair service so there will not be any surprises when you engage our service.
We can repair a wide range of laptops and netbooks. Just bring it to us or opt for on-site house call service with a nominal transport charge, and we will provide a thorough diagnosis for your Notebook, Desktop, Network, Laptop Computer.
We will make our ultimate efforts to repair your product, subject to the availability of any parts required
You will pay an upfront service charge that covers the repair to your laptop excluding parts. This is non-refundable unless we cannot repair your product
If we need to take your laptop or netbook away, we will contactyou and let you know the cost of any parts, if needed. If you agree to proceed with the repair, we will buy the parts and repair / replace it, test, and fix a date with you for delivery when it's ready. However,
If you decline the repair or replacement, we will return your product to you unrepaired. The diagnosis charge will not be refunded
Arthur Yeo - 9182 6360
(carry-in or on-site service, 7 days a week)
Top Common PC Problems / Issues :
Notebook Laptop won't turn on
Virus or Malware Attacks
Internet Fibre Broadband Fiber Running Slow
Hard Drive failure
Battery Not Charging
Liquid / Water Spillage
No Display on Desktop Monitor
No Display on Notebook Laptop LCD / LED
Keyboard Mulfunction / Missing Key / Broken Key
Sim Lim Square New / Upgrade of PC, Notebook, Laptop, Desktop
A key fell off the laptop keyboard. Fixing the problem.
DC power jack repair guide. Do-it-yourself instructions.
Why my laptop suddenly shuts down by itself without warning?
Laptop does not start. Fixing the problem.
Screen inverter replacement. Fixing laptop backlight problem.
Service manuals for Sony Vaio laptops and notebooks.
Laptop LCD screen turned completely white.
How to replace laptop backlight lamp (CCFL).
How to test LCD screen inverter in a laptop.
Laptop is dead. How to troubleshoot the problem.
Laptop has bad video on the LCD screen. What is wrong?
How to troubleshoot and fix laptop video problems.
How to connect a laptop hard drive to a desktop computer.
How to fix laptop motherboard with failed NVIDIA graphics chip.
Accessing notebook hard drive using USB enclosure.
Most common laptop hardware problems.
Removing and replacing laptop keyboard.
Fixing Compaq Presario laptop motherboard with "no video" issue.